Tuesday, August 02, 2005

It's a S-E-C-R-E-T

So my original post was going to be a “what I did this weekend” type entry to explain why I am tired…and also introduce you to my new roommate…but all that has changed. Instead it will be a sisterly agreement. But to understand the agreement, you must understand my new roommate, Mackenzie…

About a week or so ago, my friend Charlie almost hit a puppy on the street, he took her to the animal shelter with the fear of her being put to sleep. So he proposed that we saved her, and long story short… we did. Well, this was against the advice of a lot of people, including my Mother. Now I know that you must listen to your mom, but I really think we can help this dog…and we are trying. (a whole different post!)

So, back to the aforementioned agreement…I told my sister about the dog, the fact that our Mother did not approve and to NOT TELL HER…and I don’t understand how hard this is!!! Now I know that I am not the best “don’t tell Mom, but…” secret keeper, but I have kept a lot! So anyways, this is a big thing…it’s another life in my house…and an unsure future for us all…

BUT…my lovely sister, as my mom explained to me, “let it slip” in conversation that I had a “new” dog. LET IT SLIP! Really!!! So, this is the plan…we will let this die after this one posting if you repeat after me:
1. I shall never ever let fowl words out of my mouth in slander against my lovely sister that goes along the lines of: “She cannot keep a secret” or “she is always late” or well you get the idea!
2. If my sister tells me something that she does not want to be shared with her another, i.e. mother, brother, boyfriend/husband, child, nephew…ect, then I will remember the bonds on sisterhood and respect those rules.
3. When my sister is ready to divulge the aforementioned item to said individuals, then I will respect her decision and stand by her as she spills her guilty guts.
4. I shall never judge my sister in her actions, though they may be questionable at the time, they may turn out to be a learning experience that can be positive.


I shall take these four statements as an amendment to the original rules of sisterhood that were introduced to me on June 15, 1982. This is most certainly true.



Signed: Michelle D Adams

So what do you think?? Too much?? A little dramatic?? But then what is a younger sister for?? Okay…minor infraction over and done with, fit over. Your witness counsel. Thank you and good night.

Sorry for the rant,
Melinda

5 Comments:

At 8/02/2005 9:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So, I guess I missed the Don't Tell Mom part...

I swear, I don't remember that part!

But, did you really have to use my WHOLE name?? On the Internet? When I'm married to Mr. Internet Information Phobic Man!?!

I swear by these rules and will abide by them truly.

 
At 8/03/2005 12:02 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

hello - the name of your blog is michelleadams.blogspot.com

i really don't think the "d" added much info.

 
At 8/03/2005 12:11 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Ha!!! Thank you very much! :) We middle sister's must stick together in times like these!! :)

 
At 8/03/2005 3:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Whatever!

I was just trying to make a small apology with a trademark bit of sarcasm!

Next time I guess I should just apologize without the sarcasm.

 
At 8/03/2005 7:03 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Is that possible?!?! :) hehehe just kidding!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home