My view on the matter...
I have been told that there are two topics that are considered “wrong” or unacceptable to bring up with friends. These topics being religion and politics. To my understanding, unless if they hold the same views as you do on the matter, it is considered wrong to bring these topics up because it could cause you to offend your friend. Which I am told is wrong…..but what do I know!So, in order to not offend, you don’t have to read this if you don’t want to…so just click next if you like! :)
Coming up this next year in Texas is the race for Governor. As of right now we have, Mr. Rick Perry as our Governor. And he has his followers, which have dubbed themselves, “Texans for Rick Perry.” I myself am not in that following. Surprised? Well you shouldn’t be. I am not a fan or a supporter of our current Governor and he has done not one single item to help me or my family (my sister, the school teacher and my brother-in-law, the cop). He has called how many special sessions to accomplish what? Now, granted Texas’s government is not the best in terms of when they meet. (140 days every two years) But really, he has done nothing to make me want to vote for him again.
So then, this Republican is lost on how to vote. That was until I started reading into Carole Keeton Strayhorn. Now I know that right now she is only running for the Republican ticket and that she is saying things right now to persuade us Texans to “her side”. But in this Texan's opinion, there isn’t much persuading. She is talking about a budget reform (something that must be done in this accountant’s opinion), a reform in the pubic school system (something that should have happened a long time ago), she recognizes that teachers are under paid and under appreciated (something that my sister would be interested in), she is calling an increase of $3k dollar pay raise across the board now for Texas teachers, with a competitive automatic pay increase every two years (something for all teachers!) and her list of wants and demands continues.
Now I am continuing my research on these two candidates and any other potential candidates, but as of right now, I kind-of like Mrs. Strayhorn. But we shall see, my decision is not set in stone. What do you think? Do you have any good points or positions on the race?
Your overly opinionated former-friend,
Melinda :)
1 Comments:
verrry interesting. all i can say about mr. perry is, "adios mo' fo'."
Post a Comment
<< Home