A Philosophical Question
When in a relationship, one party is completely enamored with the other party, while the other party is not as enamored as the other. Would you rather:-Be on the receiving side or
-Be on the giving side
This was the question that was proposed to me this morning by the unique man that sits next to me at work. Without revealing identities, we shall describe him as a nice man but one that has a negative outlook on love and marriage. So me and my wild ideas of what love and marriage could be and should be, get shot down with his “Well the reality is…” line or his “Good luck with that dream”. But isn’t that what love and marriage should be? A dream come true, now granted, I know that life will not be easy everyday and it’s all not going to be a bed of roses…but still.
So anyways, this romantic at heart responded…“Both!” Which he came back with saying, “Which is a very rare case.” So I asked him which one he would prefer…and he really didn’t respond. His reply was about his parent’s marriage, which lasted some 59 years because his father adored his mother. So I asked him if during his first marriage if he adored his wife. His response…“Um no.” So then I asked about his current wife, and he really didn’t respond…
So my question to the masses is this…What do you think? Or am I a wide-eyed hopeful that will always be searching???
Confused and a little depressed,
Melinda
5 Comments:
I didn't think that there was a man alive that would have posed this question!
I know that females think about these kinds of things, but I didn't know that men even COULD!
Well he got it from "Ask Marylin" in Parade Magazine...so he really didn't pose the question...he was just wondering my thoughts on the matter...
so how was your final?
you are not hopeless! there is a guy out there who totally fits your personality, and who totally adores you. just be patient. (easier said than done.)
and as for my two cents on the issue, he probably believes in God. ;)
I thank you for your words of encouragement...and for your two cents...which are always appreciated...but how long must I keep singing..."Some day my prince will come....some one to call my own..." Ya know...okay...I'm going to bed...before to finish the song...patience is a virtue that I must strive to obtain! :) but thanks...:) night.
So...I have decided that I would love to be someone's object of affection...thus I will always be loved...and I pray that I will adore him as much as he adores me...:)
Post a Comment
<< Home