Monday, June 06, 2005

Burnt and Loving it!!!!

So I should start by apologizing that it has been a week or so since last insight into my life....but I've been a little anti-computer....you see I still haven't finished my tax paper and I feel guilty when I sit at the computer, so in order to not feel as guilty....I just don't sit at the computer...I do other things, like go to a surprise party on a Friday night....Well at least that's how this weekend started....

So it all started Thursday afternoon when my MOTHER called me to let me know about how there was in the works a surprise going away party for a great old friend of mine. :) And the non-spontaneous person like myself decided that it would be nice if I went...so at 3:40ish Friday afternoon I talked myself into going and I dragged a friend along with me down to Houston with the promise of coming back to Nac mid-Saturday morning...

So we drove down, I dropped him off at his friends house, and I went straight to the party, which had already started. Met up with some people that I miss dearly and forgot how much I love these people....One of the topics of conversation was going to the Lake, but due to the fact that I had a passenger in the car with me, I knew that it looked doubtful that I could go. So, we stayed there and talked until about 2:30ish I got Dawn to spend the night and before we knew it we were awoken at 8am by the alarm that we set the night before.

I got going and called to ask the passenger if it was okay to stay an extra day in Houston while I went to the Lake, and he, to my shock said for me to go ahead!!! So I called Mike, then Brian, and then Dawn to let them know that I was SO IN!!! So then 30 minutes later we are on the road to Corsicana, when I noticed that I only had 3 battery bars left on my phone. And of course when I packed I didn't factor in the spontaneous trip to the lake so I didn't have my charger...so what do I do, I say a quick prayer hoping that no one calls....but you see I guess I didn't say it soon enough because by the time that I said "Amen" I received the first of 4 calls. :) So it's easy to assume that by the time that we were up there my battery died on me!!! :)

So the four of us (Dawn, Brian, Mike, and myself) spent the rest of the day out on the lake having the time of our lives. We rode on the boat, did some tubing (or however that's spelled), while they were fishing I got to be captain, and I got to drive the JET SKI!!!! It was so much fun and I had the biggest smile on my face!!! Saturday night, we took a "boat cruise" and checked out all the lake houses that were huge and then we went a Tiki Bar for dinner. After that we tried to talked for most of the night...well at least until the boys passed out and then Dawn and I decided to go to bed also...

I woke up Sunday morning at 9 and was able to get some reading in for my class...so yes, I did bring homework with me. So then about by 10:30ish everyone was awake, we decided to go back out on the lake to go fishing. The boys had some issues getting the boat started, but after some coaxing it fired up and we were out there. After some fishing time, aka sun time for me, the boat die (ran out of gas). So Brain and I got to swim to the wall, now granted it wasn't that far away, but it was far enough....and then we had to some how get up and over the wall. But we made it, got the gas, and I drove it out to Dawn and Mike on the Jet Ski (2x's on the Jet Ski now!!).

We drove everything back to the house, thinking that we were going to leave when we remembered that Brian had not been able to go on the tube, so Mike and I talked Brian into getting more gas for the boat while Dawn and I cleaned up. So they did that and we went back out!!! It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! :)

So we left at about 3ish maybe...honestly I didn't know the time much if any during the entire weekend...got back to Houston, so the that I could turn around and drive to Nac.

Oh...I forgot to tell you one of funniest parts, but also one of the saddest points too was what happened to my original passenger. Well if you recall, my phone died, and I didn't think until later (on my way back to Nac) that you can call from another phone to check your voicemail. So on the way back to Houston, I called my mom on Dawn's phone to learn that Daniel, my passenger, had freaked out, called my mom, came by my folk’s house, and ended up going back to Nac with another friend. Oops!! On the way back to Nac, as I was finally charging my phone, I called my voicemail to discover 11 new voicemails, 8 of them were from Daniel, 2 from my Mom and 1 from another friend....they all were hilarious!!!

So, in conclusion, we all had a great time, I am burned, but it was worth it!!!

Oh....and yes, I bruise like a peach! HA!!! :)

Love you and miss you,
Melinda

2 Comments:

At 6/06/2005 2:00 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

glad to finally get an update on your escapades young lady. i was about to remove you from the "what they have to say" list because you weren't saying ANYTHING!

glad you are back!

 
At 6/06/2005 10:26 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

What....you would remove me?!??!?!?! :) How rude :)....it's okay, I would understand....I was just on a computer strike...but I'm slowly coming back!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home