What is with this place???
Okay...I'm not trying to slander this area of Texas (S0 Amanda Sue read this with your grain of salt)...but I just don't understand...I don't understand how I live in a college town, yet there is not ONE single non-attached decent guy around...
I don't understand their news cast...It's a pity that the Guerro's cat got stuck up in the tree again...but I really don't want to know about it...how about something relevant to THE NEWS?!?
I don't understand the weather forecasts...."It's gonna be another beeeautiful day in East Texas tomorrow...if we look at our Doppler 2 Radar..."...you look outside to find green skies so you flip over to the weather channel to find out that your county is under a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch.
I don't understand the nickname "Bubba"....do people just not realize that that name is the stereotypical name of a "hick" per say.
I don't understand using "Buck" as a name...now granted it's a middle name, but to be called by that as an adult and letting your future employer call you that.
I don't understand the harm in letting a few huge restaurant chains come into the area?? Have you ever heard about stimulating the economy?
I don't understand the harm of a few more paved roads.
I don't understand how it seems sooooo far to drive out to my sister's place, yet when I'm at home it is the same distance for me to drive out to my best friend's house or even to the mall and I have no problem with that.
I don’t understand why the dirt/clay matter that has stained my clothes...car....and me will never come out.
I don't understand why they don't use the censors on their street lights...why do I have to wait for a complete light rotation at 12:02 am so that I can go to bed after spending all night in the library.
I don't understand why my cell phone doesn't work in my house...I am really that far out in the middle of nowhere that they don't want to provide service??
I don't understand with this big merger/acquisition of AT&T to Cingular why the AT&T clients of Nacogdoches are not included in the plan.
I don't understand how the lack of a deadbolt on my front door with the replacement with this metal flap thingy should make me feel safer while I'm in my house....and what about when I'm not there and the flap thingy isn't down???
I don't understand why there are more liquor stores than there are decent restaurants.
I don't understand why there is a parade for every possible holiday that you could think of...and why do we shut down every possible road to my house??
I don't understand why when you are dialing locally, you are not required to use the area code...(not that I don't understand...it's just so odd!!!)
I don't understand the lack of pools?!?! I love to swim, and besides going to the one on campus or swimming in the "Lake", there is not really anything around here...plus what happened to neighborhood swim teams????
I don't understand why Agriculture has to turn in timesheets that smell like BO and are covered in dirt. Yes..I know that you have a job outside, but that is your fault, not mine. So please don't bring your mess to me!!!
10 Comments:
I've been wondering the same thing,...how it seems sooooo far to drive out to my sister's place, yet when I'm at home it is the same distance for me to drive out to my best friend's house or even to the mall and I have no problem with that.
I do believe that the possible reasoning to this issue is that I get to drive through the Woodlands and pass people on a 4 lane highway...yet going to your place, I get to drive out into the middle of nowhere :) *ment in a good way!*
And there is a possiblitly of seeing/hitting/being killed by a DEER!! :)
I guess...
grainS of salt.
i don't like our news report either. but it is funny at times!
and, so that i will include a correction in here, as i usually do, it is Doppler 9 Satellite-Radar, aka Sat-Rad if Lee Ringer is feelin' frisky.
when someone comments on your site, you should take a minute to comment back. that makes a "blogversation" and it gives me something to do on a saturday night!
I'm sorry that I didn't respond in a timely manner, yet I do normally try! :)
Oh...and Lee Ringer, one or the 2 KTRE weather people...looks like Timmy from South Park. Thus I can't watch the weather when it's his turn to deliver because all I hear is "Timmy...timmy timmy timmy...TIMMY!" :) I know...I'm going to hell.
Oh...and my dear Anonymous....why are you in front of your computer on a SATURDAY Night?? Granted my Saturday night was very uneventful...but still... :)
I just had to laugh...seeing how I've spent far less of my life in Nac than my dear sister...I too have oft wondered about many of the things you listed.
Only in the Nac paper would there be a news bulletin, the same weekend of my previous life marriage announcement, of an "incident" with TABC trying to bust me while working at Kroger for okaying a fake ID which looked just like the dude handing it to me.
For years I got TCBY and TABC confused when telling the story.
JENN!!! HI!!! I'm so happy to "see" you!!! Thanks for coming by...but I guess I'm a little lot on your story...I don't get it. :) But I do understand the whole getting TABC mixed up with other places...:)
Post a Comment
<< Home