Thursday, April 14, 2005

Do you know what tomorrow is??? :)

IT'S THE 15th of April, you know, the 15th day of the fourth month following the close of your taxable year (as stated in the Code)!!! Now for most people, this is just another day in the month. They have already submitted their taxes, received their refund, and have subsequently spent their refund....yet in other cases, like my dear mother, some are still scrambling to get their paperwork in order, let alone look at a 1040 and decipher were the numbers go!! :) Yet in my case, I love the 15th. Granted I haven't graduated, am not a CPA, and the only tax return that I did this year was my own (despite my mother's pleading an hour ago to drive down to Houston to do her taxes tonight), but tomorrow for me, speaking as a future benefit, is great!!

Most people don't like to pay taxes, don't understand the concept behind taxes, and think that the government plain sucks. Well...not me! :) Too bad people, suck it up, you have the wherewithal to pay, and so just do it... :) But anyways...I digress. Tax season is a very stressful time and that additional stress is not something that I look forward to...but in my competitive nature, I guess that it's the satisfaction that there is something out there I can/could do and for the most part understand that someone else has no idea about that excites me. So that's an incite to my sick brain for now.

Oh, and if you picked up your W-2 from me today or heaven forbid tomorrow, file for an extension, because honey child, you're gonna be late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home