Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Internal issues

So it's been two weeks since my last entry, and I'm sorry to my dedicated readers who long to hear my pearls of wisdom and my really really bored friends who scan blogs for conversational items!! :) But I've been having some me issues...and I guess you could say still having issues...but I need no sympathy....one day I shall come out of this fog...just call me a romantic at heart that can't separate extreme attention from feelings of interest...plus school plain sucks when you don't have a want to do anything. So to lighten the mood, I am relaying onto you a survey that was given to us during audit this afternoon. I will only give you 1/3 of the survey because it was a little extreme. So, here were go:

The following are characteristics with corresponding definitions of an Accountant. Please put them in order of importance as you see fit. List from 1 to 19, 1 being the most important and 19 being the least.
  • Attractiveness-well groomed, neat, tidy, clean, and appropriately dressed.
  • Communication Skills-clear, coherent and concise oral and written communications.
  • Computer Literate-Use of a data processing machine efficiently.
  • Confident-Having or showing certainty
  • Creative-A constructive philosophy
  • Critical Thinker-characterized by careful evaluation and judgment
  • Curiosity-A state in which you want to learn more about something; something unusual-perhaps worthy of collecting.
  • Discreet-tactful; cautious
  • Efficient-having the ability and skill to do things well
  • Empathy-appreciate how the other person is feeling and relate to them
  • Ethical-conforming to accepted standards of social or professional behavior
  • Industrious-work must be done promptly; well informed source of information on a wide range of financial, social, business and personal issues.
  • Initiative-requires lateral thinking and the initiative to follow leads, to obtain information and to leave no stone unturned.
  • Integrity-honesty, discretion, strength of character and a willingness to conform to a high standard of moral and ethical behavior
  • Logical Analyst-referring to a reasonable method to resolve a problem
  • Organized-bring order to
  • Persistent-does not give up
  • Skeptical Attitude-denting or questioning tenets; marked by or given to doubt
  • Technical skills-characterizing or showing skill in or specialized knowledge of applied arts sciences.

So, what do you think number 1 should be?? What about number 19?? Answer if you like.

Odd, I know...but that's all for now...bye

3 Comments:

At 4/13/2005 8:12 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I would say that integrity has to be either at the top or near the top, because you're dealing with other people's money.
And I think that the skeptical attitude should be down at the bottom. Even though I know that you have a very skeptical attitude.

 
At 4/13/2005 5:22 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

eeek. i hate accounting. i think "high tolerance for mind numbing boredom" needs to be on the list.

 
At 4/13/2005 5:37 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks...I will pretend that this is a compliment to me and my almost profession...I personally thought that attractiveness was #1...why else would I have chosen this, have you seen all the hot accountants?!?!? (Hint: you're looking for me) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home