Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm a girl and I'm not goint to get over it!

So today in tax I was attacked by caterpillars. I don't know if you know this or not, but I HATE BUGS. I hate the kind the crawl...the kind that flies...the kind that walks...and especially the kind that are attracted to me!!! Right, so the girl that sits behind me, Tina, had a caterpillar on her bag (something that I didn't know about until she screamed and subsequently flung it onto me!!). So then that caused me to scream and I began to shutter. My best friend Charlie flung the bug onto the floor, and to my dismay, I found another caterpillar at my feet, causing me to scream out again. At this, my wonderful Prof, Dr. Turner, looked at me and told me to get over it. (Which is just mean!!)

In all honesty, I tried, because we have a test on Thursday and I need to do well on, but for some reason I couldn't focus because instead of the stupid thing crawling away from me...it came back!!! Now I know what you are thinking...why is she afraid of a stupid bug?? I understand that I am some 200 billion times larger than it...and that I weigh some 100 billion times more than it...but still...for some reason..I am completely terrified of bugs!!

So back to the story...the class continues and there's about 25+ minutes left and I couldn't find the stupid thing on the floor. I answer a question correctly (for once), look over at Charlie and smiled to find a puzzled look upon his face. I followed his gaze back to my notebook to find, at my dismay, the damn bug had crawled back up the table and into my personal space. Charlie, my hero, in one swift motion (as I began to scream again), hit it off and onto the floor. And as it laid motionless on the floor one would think that the stupid thing would give up..if is was not already dead. But it didn't, it shook off the pain of falling a couple feet, for the second time, and came back to me. Thankfully we were leaving, but it made it all the way back under my chair!!!

So to all of you who scoff at the idea that me, a full grown adult, could be afraid of a little bug...I DON'T CARE!!! I'm a girl...and I can't just get over it, at least I didn't cry this time!

So to add to the husband attribute list...most be able to kill bugs, without giving me a hard time.

2 Comments:

At 4/19/2005 8:21 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

darling, i love you, but caterpillars are not bugs.

 
At 4/19/2005 9:19 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Okay Miss Teacher....a caterpillar is a....what??...still a bug to me!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home