Friday, April 29, 2005

The way you used to be

Today...instead of complaining about tax...school....or my upcoming papers and finals, I thought that I would give you a list of questions to remember the way you used to be. (I got the questions from work, I'll post my answers later)...Keep in mind that these questions pertain to your life before the age of 18. Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What was your favorite pastime?
3. What was your favorite book?
4. What was your first job (besides babysitting)?
5. As a child, what is your most memorable vacation?
6. What was your most favorite Christmas present?
7. At what age and at what event did you get your first kiss?
8. What was your favorite flower?
9. What is the most daring thing you did as a child?
10. How many trips to the ER did you have to make, and for what reason?

8 Comments:

At 4/29/2005 3:27 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

1. a grrr (that means girl)
2. reading
3. judy blume stuff
4. cashier at Brookshire Brothers grocery store
5. disneyland
6. can't remember. we always celebrated the real "reason for the season." HA - just kidding. my parents were gift-o-holics.
7. 13, Homecoming Dance
8. dunno
9. put my finger in a light socket b/c little brother told me to
10. one, i broke a needle off behind my kneecap.

 
At 4/30/2005 9:59 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Actually, Amanda wanted to be a nurse. That's what it states under her adorably chubby pre-k picture from Agape Christian in MO.

Me...I wanted to be a mommy. I finally reached that goal. WHEW

Fave pastime...reading in the bathtub till I was freezing a pruney (new word)

Fave book...anything I could swipe from my Mom's collection of Harlequin Romance

First job...Dairy Queen. I can still make the best "q" on a cone!

Vacation...river rafting with the fam and grandparents. Lifting my butt out of the water cuz I swore I saw a snake curled up taking a nap underwater.

Christmas present...my super-duper princess robe. Wore it till the long sleeves became short sleeves.

First kiss...Age 14, locker, George Barham. I laughed at him. We broke up shortly thereafter.

Fave flower...tulips. They look like wax with the syrup in em. But they don't taste like it.

Daring...rolling down hill multiple times to freak out Amanda playing dead. Amazed Mom didn't kill me.

Never went to ER until pregnant. Been to the ER three times since. Sheesh.

YOUR TURN!

 
At 5/03/2005 9:39 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Okay...so here are my answers, I won't be able to post anything until after Wednesday night...until then...hope you have a great day!!!:)

1. A Veterinarian
2. Swimming, playing softball, playing on the computer (the orginal Kings Quest)or the Nintendo, and watching cartoons.
3. Many Waters, (the sequel to A Wrinkle in Time) and when I was in 6th grade or so...anything by R.L. Stine.
4. Cici's (for 2 hours)
5. Driving to Disne World Summer of '94 without any A/C in the Astro Van.
6. My baby Brother...he was born on Christmas Eve you know!
7. Did not get my first "real" kiss until after the age of 18.
8. Sunflowers and Daisies
9. I told my sister that she wasn't one of God's little lambs.
10. Only once!! My best friend and I, when I lived in California, where riding our bikes around the neighborhood, and when we were going down the “Big Hill”, he looked back to see if I was coming. We didn’t see the parked car and he ran right into. I, of course, was okay, but he suffered a minor concussion. So I guess I have never been to the ER for something that happened to me. I have never broken a bone, needed stitches, or anything like that.

 
At 5/03/2005 11:01 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Haha...told your sister she wasn't one of God's lambs? Harsh! :)

 
At 5/04/2005 11:49 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

You're right... telling me I wasn't one of God's little lambs was a very daring thing to do... and you paid for it afterward... and STILL DO!

 
At 5/04/2005 4:07 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

I have a mean-streak in me and it comes out every once in a while...so you better watch out :)

Oh and Michelle....I do not recall ever "paying" for anything when we were growing up...being that I out weighed your boney-self by some 100+ pounds...:) So bring on the pain my sister, come and get me...hehehe

 
At 5/07/2005 3:49 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I always wanted to be a teacher, and that's what I am now.

My favorite pastime was swimming in my backyard, or reading a book.

My favorite book was probably any one of the Nancy Drew books, or The Secret Garden.

My first job (besides babysitting) was at Discovery Zone as a Party Hostess.

My most memorable vacation was when my aunt and uncle took me and my cousin to Disney Land. That was so much fun!

My most favorite Christmas present was probably my own personal viola, so that I didn't have to rent one anymore. And I still have it! Now I need a new case for it.

First kiss, I can't really remember that far back, but I do remember that my most memorable kiss was when my whole family was at Disney World, and we rode the ride where you go through the Briar Patch and in the dark cave, and since there were five of us, I was the one that had to sit with someone else, and the whole time in line I had been flirting with this guy behind us in line, so we sat together behind all the rest of my family, and right before we went over the cliff down the waterfall he kissed me, and I never saw him again after that. :)

My favorite flower back then was roses... how lame. Now it's tulips.

The most daring thing I did as a child was lie to my parents about stepping off the curb while waiting for the bus. I'll never live that one down.

I've never broken anything yet, and the first time I'd been to the ER (for me) was when I had Micheal. And even then, the nurse said I was the calmest woman in labor she'd ever seen... HA!

 
At 5/09/2005 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, this post is old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home