Thursday, September 15, 2005

Interviews...check.

Breathing...check. Education...check, check. Job Fair...check. First interviews...check, check, check. Call backs...definitely one check, maybe another?? :)

So I just finished my last interview. I had two today. The first with Harper & Pearson, a Houston based accounting firm. They seemed really nice. I knew one of the interviewers because he just graduated, and the lady I recognized from past fairs. They asked some question, some were informational and some were situational. I know that I faired well with those. And then they opened the floor to me, which I took and ran with! :) I do believe that asked them more questions than they did about me. Basically they pay for everything (CPA wise) which is a HUGE plus and they have advancement opportunities! So that interview started at 8:20 and I was out at 8:50ish. I feel good about it. They will be in contact next week sometime with the people that they have chosen. So who knows...:). Her final question was about my gpa. It's not bad, but it's just average, but if you factor in everything else I do instead of study, I believe that it's great!

The second interview of the day was with a super small firm out of Dallas that has a satellite in Houston, but they were hiring for Dallas. When I say super small, I mean 30 people between the 2 offices and they don't have a webpage!! Crazy. The ladies were really nice. The one that would be my supervisor reminded me a lot of my Aunt Linda. So it was very easy to talk with them. But there were some concerns with the firm. But at the end they said that they really liked me and that I would be hearing definitely from them soon! :) Which is too fun.

The third check on interview and the second (maybe) check is from last night, Gainer, Donnelly and Desroches! I went out to eat right...which I have already talked at nausium about...but anyways they considered that the "first interview". We were then invited to Houston at the end of this month, with more details in the works....and out of the three so far, I like them the best. Not only do they have a great "track" per say for their employees, but their environment feels good. I know...I'm odd. Nothing new there! :) Okay, so that was my day so far. Now all I have left is class and then a 3 + hour drive to Dallas!! WOOHOO! Hope you all have a wonderful day! Bye!

Those checks were just for you,
Melinda

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2005 4:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Never mind my previous comment on THE AUNT. Now they show up. Stupid phone line.

 
At 9/22/2005 6:01 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

hello? come meet my son! you are hurting my feelings!

yebmuocj!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home