Life Lesson No. 57,000,000,001
When washing dishes make sure that hand is completely dry before touching light switch.One of the first rule that you learn as a kid is to NEVER EVER under any circumstance touch a light socket or any other source of high power. (Louie the Lightening Bug, circa 1980 something) This rule is a no brainer, or so you would think.
Well tonight, as usually I was trying to multi-task as I got ready to go out. So while I was getting ready, I decided to wash dishes. I decided to first take out all 20 million dirty plates that were in my sink before drying my hair. Well I noticed that it was getting dark, so I took my hand out of the sink, dabbed my hand on the dish towel, and whap---whap---whap. I was a goner. Well, not really, but I did scream out in pain, yell at the stupid socket, and look around in amazement to see that I didn’t lose power. I was reaching to turn on the kitchen sink light, but the one light socket that is below it did not have the plug pushed in all the way. So when my slightly damp hand went near it…whap. So now, my right-hand pointy-finger is a little more sensitive than normal. I am still alive, and I think that my heart is beating normally….yep there it is. But now I really really hate washing dishes. So from this point on, screw the eco-system, disposable plates/cups/plastic-wear…you name it, I don’t want to wash it! :) I can’t wait until I have a dishwasher again!
Just call me Sparky,
Melinda :)
You want to know my real theory on this…I believe that God is watching over each and everyone of us, and while it is hard to watch over all of us, He has assigned guardian angels to keep us safe. And I think that my guardian angel either blinked or turned around or was distracted by some other item that could have gotten me that he didn’t realize that we would have to review something that was suppose to be learned some 20 years ago!
Criticism begins right....now. (please be kind...I'm still a little jumpy) :)
2 Comments:
Are you kidding me? You actually WASHED DISHES? Was this because you knew that my child was going to come to your house today?
Maybe I shouldn't let him come to your house today if you're going to try to kill yourself with electricity... can I trust you with him by yourself for 45 minutes? I sure hope so!
wvhnhzz!
And holy cow! Why were you still awake after midnight last night when you had to be at work less that eight hours later? Crazy Aunt Melinda!
ilecc!
Post a Comment
<< Home