Sunday, September 11, 2005

The joys of being THE AUNT

I try to not brag too much when I dealing with the topic of my nephew...but I just can't help myself sometimes! So try not to be too jealous!

This weekend I got to watch my nephew 2 times! Once on Friday afternoon and then again on Saturday morning! And it was just too fun!!! I have finally realized that even though I get to leave this stupid town with their craziness, I also leave behind the people that I love. So whenever I have the chance to hang with them, I jump at the chance...but this post is not suppose to make one tear up...Sooo, as an Aunt, there are a few things that one must teach their nephew before someone else does :) ...here are a few things that we are working on:

The multiple uses of a flash light:

It's not just for shining to illuminate dark places, but to shine in your eyes so that you laugh so hard that you fall over...or even better to stick in your mouth and then blow so that you are a glowing cabbage patch kid...his favorite.

There are no such thing as "child labor laws" when you pass through my door:

If you have bubbles in a sink and access to a stool, wouldn't you want to clean? Okay, I really didn't have him do anything big...just plates, bowls, cups, and the plastic-wear...I did the knives. (Do you see his "bloomers"? I bought those on sale when the bookstore was going out of business...little did I know that they were for girls!!! Oops :)!!!)

The Brush, another multipurpose item:


Did you know that if you play a song, that you may or may not know the words to, a hair brush can easily turn into a microphone...except when showing this to a one year old, they really don't appreciate you removing the said object away from them. It makes them a little mad. But when they get it back, if you tell him to either: "Drop it like it's hot!" or "Shake it with me" he will DANCE!!! Yet in this picture, the microphone was a little to hairy, so the one year old was trying to remove the extra pieces.

We had too much fun...I think that I could make a good mom some day. But for now I bask in the fact that I'M THE AUNT!! Hope you all had a great weekend! Bye!

Love you all day and everyday,
Melinda

8 Comments:

At 9/12/2005 3:19 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Aforementioned nephew also had a really good time with his aunt, and when favorite aunt was coming over for dinner, danced around saying "Ma-ninna" waiting for her to get there! :)

uudniz!

 
At 9/12/2005 5:38 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

he is a cutie, even in girly bloomers!

 
At 9/12/2005 7:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You weren't supposed to share the pictures where my son was wearing girly bottoms... I only put them on him because you bought them! :)

That's okay, he'll forgive you!

 
At 9/13/2005 8:16 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

He'll forgive me now...but in some 12 years when I am showing him black-male picts...he will hate me!!! :) hehehehe Oh how I love having power over little ones who don't even know it yet!! :)

 
At 9/13/2005 8:38 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

hey! i like the CD! thanks for criticizing my taste in music...

hahaha! thanks for illegally burning it for me! :)

domchrsg!

 
At 9/13/2005 8:49 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

No problem! I will try to get you whatever you want....and feel special, I get a chance to criticize everyone out there...you should feel like one of the chosen few! :)

 
At 9/17/2005 4:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What happened to the pictures of your hair and all those posts? I've hit refresh mulitple times, and it's not bringing up anything past being THE AUNT. What the heck?

 
At 9/19/2005 8:05 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Oh my gosh, he's so CUTE! And so blonde! I think Bella has those bloomers. I appreciate you teaching your son diversity. HAHA

How tall is he? Makes Isabella look like a little people :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home