Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Curls EVERY WHERE!!!

So today is the day....it's the career fair, and tomorrow I have 2 interviews with accounting firms....so I thought that I would try something new with my hair. You see, it is forever and a day long, and when I try to curl it, but the time I walk of the front door at 7:40, all curl is gone. So I thought that I would try something new. So, I bought some curlers! Last night I washed my hair, put the curlers in, and fell asleep. Now I know what you are thinking, why are you trying something new when you need it to be a certain way the day of?!? My response would be that today is more a trial run for tomorrow!

This is what it looked like when I took the curlers out:


(Shirley Temple look at like??)













So I took the curlers out...and that's what I got...I thought that it looked cute, but some of the curls were a little tight...so I decided to "run my hands through" it...ha...that's when the panic began:)


Can anyone say Bride of Bozo?? My hair was HUGE!! I couldn't believe it! I don't know if you know my brother Matt, but my hair had his volume and curl, with my cute blonde! :) I was laughing so hard!!! I'm surprised that the picture came out! So then, I spent the next HOUR trying to do something with it! I could barely put it back into a pony tail! I tried a french twist and the bobby pins were shooting out of my hair. I tried my clip and it started to squeak! So I got my brush and began to brush...and brush...and brush. I was able to get it down a little. So I squeezed it into my clip and this is what it looked like when I left the house:

Do you see my Roman nose and the tag to my shirt? :) We shall see what it looks like when I come home tonight! :) Okay, well I better get to work....I just thought that you would want a good laugh this morning!!!

Perfectly curled,

Melinda :)

P.S. If you could, say a quick prayer for my friend Amanda Sue, she is having her baby TODAY!!

UPDATE: So, it's 12:55, and Cost was canceled...again. The Career Fair starts in 5 minutes and we're going over at about 1:15. My hair is well, big texas hair now. It has been hit by the humitity a little hard, and I've brushed it, which I didn't know as my mother told me a few seconds ago, that you aren't suppose to do! :) So now it's kind-of wavy/curled...and BIG. So that was a bust...maybe next time I'll use the large rollers....oops! :) You live, you learn, and then you leave it alone! :)

5 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I can't help but giggle at my beautiful sister with all those curls!
I knew that the reason Matt had it was that it was hidden in the family somewhere, and I knew it wasn't me!

Have fun at the fair!

 
At 9/14/2005 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it... it's a new look.... at least you can wash your curls out... think of your brother...

Mom

 
At 9/14/2005 9:12 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks! :) The Career Fair was fun...we stayed some 2+ hours...and my feet were hurting from the grown-up shoes! :) But I got invited to dinner after my class...and it was a blast! :) I like to be wined and dined! I should have started the whole interviewing thing sooner!!!! :)

I do so hope that these curls wash out! :)

 
At 9/15/2005 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprise! Your mom is sharing your life with me and boy did I enjoy reading all your stuff! You are an entertaining writer - and I liked the curls (in some of their forms).

Hope those interviews go well! Are you still going to come visit us after graduation?

Love,
Jeanna-in-California
jeanna@clasinfo.com

 
At 9/15/2005 9:32 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Jeanna!!! Welcome, welcome!! Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad that you enjoy my humor! As long as I don't have to start right off...I will be on your front door step probably the 18th! Ha! Honestly I don't know when, but I do what to come...if not then, then maybe for Joey's wedding! :) Talk to you later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home