Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Balloons, Birthdays, and Sisters....a crazy combo :)

You must know, if you don't know this already, my sister is crazy. You know her...Michelle....oh, yeah remember her!! :) Well, she's crazy I tell you! But we have this understanding, I guess you could say....we both understand that Birthdays are suppose to be a grand fun outright crazy best time of your life kind-of day!!! :) And that's what it's turning out to be....

So I am sitting at my desk, hardly able to breathe because I ate too much at lunch, but acting like it is just another ordinary day at good ol' SFA, when this man comes around the corner with the biggest grin on his face and he's holding....I know, you'll never guess....BALLOONS!!! Blue, Green, Yellow....you know just this mixture of colors that pop (well not pop...but you know what I mean!!) when you look at them. I smile back as he asks...."So, you Melinda?"....and in a shy response, I utter..."Um...yes sir." He hands me the embarrassing bundle of BALLOONS and says "Happy Birthday." At about that same time, like moths to a flame, the two ladies at the other end of the office yell out, "Is it your birthday today??", as they come walking towards me...I sheepishly respond yes as I open the card that is attached to the balloons to find out that my sister was the culprit!

So long story short, my sister's devious plan of letting the whole office know that it was my birthday worked....along with the rest of the school!! :) So if you want to see these beautiful BALLOONS come by today....or tomorrow, because they will still be here. (You see I have class tonight and there is no way that I'm leaving these in my hot car or carrying them around with me to a MBA class!!)

But in all truthfulness, we all know that I LOVE attention. So it's all just fine with me!! :) Oh, and the invite is still out if you want to come tomorrow night, I have notified the restaurant that I need a table for at least 14 people, but we can easily squeeze in a lot more!! :)

So now my mission is to get her good for her birthday!!! It's October 17th....any good suggestions??? Oh...and when is your birthday?? :)

Talk to you later!!! Hope you have a great day!

Love you forever,
Melinda

3 Comments:

At 6/15/2005 5:56 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

happy happy!

we all love you :)

 
At 6/16/2005 8:17 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Thank you!!! :) (You are so in my top 5 Amanda's that I love!!!) :) hehehe

 
At 6/17/2005 8:35 AM, Blogger Jennboree said...

Happy Birthday, Melinda! Hope it was fabulous and made you deliriously happy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home