Monday, October 17, 2005

So close...

I can't believe it...we were so close tonight. So very close. I watched the game from start to finish...well kind-of. I kind-of fell asleep during the 5-7th inning and I woke up to Berkman's great hit!!
I woke up, right before this picture was taken...so I really didn't miss much to anything...:)



So I was watching like a good fan, and then Garner decided to put Lidge in, now granted he is our closer...but something went wrong after he struck out the 2nd guy...and then it went down hill from there...


I place blame also on the announcers too...granted Lidge and Garner take the brunt, but when the stupid announcers start talking crap about the Astros...it's just not right...
But anyways, we still have Wednesday night. We'll beat them in their old stadium. :)




So Garner, put on a smile, sleep late tomorrow, and then put the boys back to work...because we NEED this...we really really need this.... :)
Okay, so I'm off to bed because I can't take this...Wednesday will be a better day! (Lord willing!)
Okay...night!
Talk to you later, see you.
Bye,
Melinda
LET'S GO ASTROS.....LET'S GO ASTROS!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 10/18/2005 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can use say that Garner should take any of the blame. Lidge has a job and he didn't do it. plain and simple lidge screwed up

 
At 10/19/2005 8:09 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Garner made a defensive move too early. He is the team manager. He will always share in the blame, just as he will always share in the victory and praise. It was his decision to put Lidge in, so he gets some blame. :)

I know that Lidge had a job, but he was doing it very well until "Poohole" came up to bat. He got ahead of himself. But tonight will be a different story. The 'Stros are going to the World Series. ;)

 
At 10/19/2005 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The defensive move had nothng to do with it, Lidge didn't do his job. Garner has been making those moves all season long and they have helped the team get where they are now, up in the playoffs. However if Lidge would have done his job the Garner and the Stros would be in the world series.

Prediction- Stros 3 Cardinals 2
W- Oswalt S- Lidge

If they lose tonight I will be going fishing next week instead of the World Series. GO STROS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home