Monday, October 30, 2006

Run for the border

Or should I say, run away from the border. That is what I wish I could have done. But then again, I don’t really run much, so it’s more of a waddle hop type of motion. But I digress….this past week I had the distinct pleasure of being in Laredo, TX…if you are not aware of the location of Laredo…well get a map. :) It is a border town. It is an entire different land than what I’m used to. It does not have a big city feel like Houston, nor does it have the feel of a small town like Nacogdoches. It’s a different feel. For the most part, the people were nice, the client was great, except for the fact that we didn’t really accomplish anything the entire week. The best part I do believe, besides the food, was when my older sister, you know, the two-time college graduate, high-school teacher, mother of one, ask me, “So what time is it there? Is it like 7?” I look at my clock, which reads 8, and respond, “Um no, you know I’m in Texas right???” (Now for those of you who didn’t look at the map, Laredo is in south Texas, and all but the extreme western tip of Texas is in one time zone.) I had a good laugh. So anyways, it was interesting to say the least. I am super tired, and I have an eerie feeling that I might be going back to Laredo…but maybe we can meet in San Antonio!! We shall see!!

1 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Shut. up.

That doesn't even deserve a response!

Glad you're back and didn't get kidnapped!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home