He's Leaving Home.
He’s packed and ready to roll. Or so he thinks. He has packed up his room, folded his clothes, and is off at a movie saying good-bye to his “friends”. He claims that he won’t miss a thing, but I can see it in his eyes. He’s ready for a change, but is ultimately afraid of it.She spent all day shopping for him, getting a trash can, ramen noodles, toilet paper, and other things to begin his new life. She spent the rest of the day washing and folding clothing so that he would have something to wear. She claims that she’s okay and that nothing really will change, but I can see it in her eyes, she’s in denial.
He is all a glow. He’s asking “what can I do?” as he sits in his chair. He’s planning all the details, from the how to pack the car to the most effective way to travel one and a half hours away. He keeps asking his son what his wildcat is and how to buy tickets to the football games and when he gets his ring. He claims that is he so proud and excited, but I can see it in his eyes, he’s ready to relive his college experience.
He leaves tomorrow to go to college. So this is my wish for my little baby brother, that he takes his fear of change, his mother’s hope’s for his undecided future, and his father’s excitement for what’s around the corner and use it to his advantage and actually achieve his dreams. So watch out world, because the Proudest Member of the Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2010 is about to begin a new adventure.
I don’t know if I’m actually “allowed” to do this, but screw it….
WHOOP!
Good luck kid!
Love,
Me
1 Comments:
that is the sweetest post ever. gives me warm fuzzies. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home