Week 1
As per your request, week one in the real world. Well, actually I was going to do this anyways, but I am having problems believing that my weekend is halfway over…and that in a few hours I get to go back…now that doesn’t sound all that great, but I’m just trying to find out where I belong…that’s all. So anyways, week one was well interesting. My first day was the 16th. We (Charlie and I) didn’t have to be there until 9:30 to begin our day, but due to unknown traffic conditions and all, I got up at 5 and left here at 6:15. So I got down to the office at 7:30…a little early. So I sat at a Starbucks for an hour and met up with Charlie and we went to the office. The beginning of the day was all paper work, we went out to lunch, and then the rest of the day was me alone spent with the only other auditor there…he’s a nice guy, but a bit dry. So that was day one, day two and three I was out in the field. Meaning that I was at a client’s office and I had NO IDEA of what was going on. Day four and five I was back in the office, reviewing and correcting everything that I did days two and three. I also helped a partner out with a few things…but at the same time I just felt completely lost. So that was only 43 hours of my week. The other 20 hours was spent in the car.On the average day, my alarm went off at 5:15 am, and I left the house between 6:15 and 6:40….on the 6:15 days I could get the office at about 7:30 and on the 6:40 day it was at about 7:45…so on average, not that bad. The sucky part is the drive home; I think that everyone and their brother decides to go north at that same time that I do. So, I leave the office between 5:30 and 6ish…meaning that I get home between 7 and 8:30…great fun right? So for 3 of the 5 days I tried different ways home besides the 610/45 route…and it got me home around the same time…
So that was my first week. When I got home, I had dinner, “looked” at the help book on my computer about the audit program that I still don’t really understand, and was in bed between 10 and 11 pm to have my alarm go off at 5:15. I was tired to say the least. So that was my first week. I pray that it gets better as I get more comfortable in my place at GDD, but for now, I’m still the odd man out. AKA the newbie.
Praying that confusion turns into understanding,
Melinda
4 Comments:
It will get better as you go... it always does!
Once you figure out that "the real world" is really just about finding out what it takes to get you from one day to the next, then you know you can make it from one week to the next, and the next, and then the next. It will all be good. At least there were no hugh mistakes, right?!?
ug. i can't believe you drive for that long each day. you have GOT to get an apartment closer to your job.
that will be two cents. i will add it to your bill.
Well, at least you're not waiting for a baby to decide to exit your body! Sorry, just had to put that in. :-)
Congrats on the first week and WELCOME to city traffic! Sometimes you can live five minutes away and still take 45 minutes to get there :)
The kinks will work themselves out and before long, you'll slide right into the groove.
Congrats!
Post a Comment
<< Home