Thursday, December 22, 2005

$139 shoes

I have come to a crossroad in my humble life. To buy or not to buy. I guess that it’s not too much of a humble lifestyle, but it is a lifestyle. :) Normally in my shoe buying experience I go for the cute, yet practically priced shoe. Something that is not too tight, but not really ugly, something that can go with jeans or a nice pair of pants, unless if your pair of jeans are you nice pair of pants. But the aforementioned crossroads refers to me being a grownup and what I should do. I like sandals and open toed shoes so that my feet can see the light of day if I was to go outside, but work attire strictly prohibits that style. We are leaving for NYC in three days and if you haven’t heard the news, they are having a transit strike…which translates to me as WALKING…plus did you know that in December it SNOWS there. So my preferred style of shoe is not conducive there either. So I thought that I would take the proactive approach today and go shoe shopping. Because honestly I haven’t been in a while, and I NEEDED to go. So I went to the only place that I feel like I belong, where everyone knows my name, you know the place, DSW. I took off my flip-flops, put on a pair of those footie things and went walking up and down the aisles. I tried on high-heals and low-heals; open toed, closed toed, and pointed toed; cheap shoes and not-so-cheat shoes…and after walking up and down every single last aisle, I decided to hit the sales rack because there really wasn’t anything that struck my fancy. And that’s when I found them. They were black, mid-heal, pointed toe and they were AMAZING!!! I walked up and down the “runway” strutting the goods and thinking, “I make this look easy.” I take out the box to see a yellow tag and my brain goes “SCORE!” 40% off that means that these shoes are going to be…holy $&*% $139 without tax. I slowly removed the right, and then the left, placed them into their box, put my flops back on, turned, and slowly walked away…I was almost in tears when I made it to the car. I know I get attached to things very easily, but I just couldn’t justify purchasing them. So I’m going to Payless tomorrow…looking for a good deal. I guess that I’m going to invest in pedicures for now until I can rightfully justify that purchase. Plus I think that I may have looked too grownup, yeah that’s it….

Forever loving you,
Melinda

3 Comments:

At 12/23/2005 9:58 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

One day you will be making enough money that you will appreciate a pair of shoes that is 40% off, and you will buy them, even if the sale price is $139.
But for now, let's just stick with what we know, and keep Payless in business!

 
At 12/23/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

whew! i thought you BOUGHT the shoes.

and you are SO LUCKY that the transit strike is off. :) yeah! close quarters traveling quickly through the streets with tons of smelly new yorkers.

 
At 12/24/2005 9:35 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Oh no!! I did not buy those shoes...instead I went to Payless and purchased 2 pairs of boots for the price of 1 of those shoes... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home