Thursday, November 24, 2005

A new record.

It is 1:10 p.m. on November 24, 2005 in the year of our Lord and the Robie family is done! I know…I know you are jealous. Normally we are sitting down to the Thanksgiving table right about now to eat our turkey, but since we are missing a few key players in the game of life, we were able to have the food on the table at noon, be done by noon-thirty, and be cleaned up by 1. Now that is the upside of only feeding three. The downside is that the taunting was at a minimum, the fighting about stupid things was not present, and the being sent to one’s room because one could not/would not eat whatever was on one’s the plate didn’t happen.




All I can say is step over Martha Stewart….there is a new multi-tasker in town…and it’s ME!! :)

Well, I hope you all have/had a great Thanksgiving…and if you didn’t get enough at your house, we have plenty of leftovers!!! Okay, well I’m going to take my nap now…sleep tight!

Talk to you later, Love you. Bye,
Melinda

3 Comments:

At 11/24/2005 4:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

The table looked nice, and it should have, since all you really had to spend time on was decorations...
Since Mom had all but the rolls, fruit salad, and dessert done for you before you even got there!

 
At 11/24/2005 4:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Mom says you're a cheater! Taking all the credit... :)

We had our own nice Thanksgiving day...
No having to cook a turkey, no having to watch football that we didn't care about, and no having to wake up from our naps to help Dad put out any Christmas lights! :)

 
At 11/25/2005 12:14 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

One who cannot eat nor speak should not throw spears with their injured tongue.

Yes, you are correct, my mother fixed the bird so that all I had to do was COOK it...an integral part of eating it. The sweet potatoes and green beans were already mixed...but they too needed to be finished and COOKED. The eggs were boiled, but I cut, mashed, and made them into the deviled state. The onions stuff for the stuffing was in a pour over state, but I mixed it together and then COOKED it. I made the mashed potatoes, the fresh bread, gravy, and I set the table alone. I acknowledge the ever present help of my mother fixing things so that I didn't have to do the ENTIRE dinner alone, due to the fact that she wasn't here along with the other half of my family. I was responsible for getting the food from the fridge to the table, a feat upon itself. I was then responsible for clean up and storing...something that I was able to outsource to the boys. So yes, my mother helped prepare the food for her family, but I fed the family. :) So there. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home