Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I’m going to be...Sick.

I don’t mean to be mean…but I don’t understand men. The one in particular this morning that I am referring to is the gentleman sitting to my left. He is a kind man, thoughtful, and just sweet natured, well for most of the time. That was until this morning when he PROCEEDED (after some strong contest on my part) in describing this new contraption that he wants to build. This thing will help aide him in the act of skinning a SQUIRREL…yes you read right, a squirrel. You know those rodents that live outside in the trees, the animals that when you scream their name and point outside my dogs go crazy and go running outside looking for them.

So it ends up that Dale LOVES to go squirrel hunting. In fact, he’s exact words were, “I’d rather eat squirrel than deer.” Now, I must preface this with saying, GROSS!!! I’m not really completely against hunting/guns. That is your thing, not mine. If my husband wants to go hunting that’s fine, but DO NOT expect me to help in the cleaning, cooking, and possibly the eating portion of your hunting trip. :) Sorry…I’m a city girl through and through and that’s not my cup of tea.

But anywho, Dale continues with the description of this contraption including but not limited to: the placement of the head and feet, and the rational behind why one must do this. During this portion of his one sided conversation, my face is in my hands, I am squirming, and making “eeeww” noises, but yet he continued. He goes on about how tender the meat is, and how it is a rare delicacy. Gross, gross, gross. So I think that he is going squirrel hunting this afternoon. So that means that all tomorrow I get to hear about his adventures in the piney woods with these poor little creatures that are playing in the trees. Now, along with watching out for cars, these poor things have to be on the lookout for Dale, Squirrel Hunter Extraordinaire. :)

On a different note, I lit my pilot light to my heater all by myself last night, AND my house did not blow up! So snaps for Melinda for not blowing up her house! :P

Okay, well I think that I have complained about Dale long enough, I better get back to work so that we can finish this, this afternoon and he can go hunting…bye!

Love you, even though my face is green,
Melinda

4 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 3:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Green is a good color for you, though!

 
At 10/25/2005 8:47 PM, Blogger Jennboree said...

"snaps for Melinda" HAHAHA

Skinning a squirrel sounds like a lot of wasted time for two bits of gamey meat. NASTY

 
At 10/26/2005 8:29 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Squirrel Update: So I got in this morning...and he reported that he only killed one. One poor little old squirrel. Poor dear. :(

 
At 10/29/2005 8:47 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

ew. that is enough for, like, an appetizer. but then i would lose my appetite, so maybe we should call it a "de-appetizer." hey! that could be a new diet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home