We lost…again.
I can’t believe it. I am the most school spirited person in the world! Ha! Guess what I did in support of my school?!? Lindsey, Jen, Kim, and myself drove down to Huntsville to watch our football team get beaten…with an ugly orange wooden spoon. I drove 2+ hours, to have keys shook at me during the 1st quarter! It was great. But on the upside, I got to see Lacy, Lacy’s two nifty friends, and Mike. Plus, just for Dale, I lost my voice while screaming at our idiot coach and team. You see, normally I don’t really get into the football games AT ALL, but my lovely friends made me sit with the Purple people. You know, those crazies that actually have school spirit and know all the cheers and are always pumped up….
Yeah, those. I was in the mix of them, and I guess that their “spirit” was rubbing off on me because I started yelling…with them…and not with them. When they were quiet because of another horrible play, that was my voice yelling at the coach, the QB, the receiver, the linebacker, the tight end….I could keep going, but you get the idea. I do believe that I was the oldest SFA student there. I still can’t believe that we went, but we did. The drive wasn’t that bad, just on the way back at 1am, there are A LOT of deer out on the road. So if you didn’t see them making fun of us on all the news casts, the final score was 52-24…and those 3 touchdowns of ours were made at the end of the 3rd and then at the beginning of the 4th quarter. A bunch of bull…if you ask me! :) I didn’t get to really hang out much until with Lacy and Co. because we were standing all game with the Purple Nazi kids. Mike had to work, so after Whataburger we stopped by his apartment. It’s nice and cozy. :) Then we drove home. I didn’t climb into bed until about 3 something because something scary was going on outside, but that’s a whole other post… so at 6:36 when my alarm went off, I didn’t move. I finally crawled out of bed at about 7ish, and left my house at about 7:50, called Mike to thank him for setting the alarm on my phone for 4:45am, and arrived at work at 8.
So that was my afternoon, evening, and morning activities in a nutshell. How was yours?
Wishing you could see me now,
Melinda
5 Comments:
Ugly Orange Wooden Spoon! Don't call us ugly, of course you got beat, your school colors are purple. The men on your team aren't really men in a purple jersey. You can't blame them can you?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! How I love my ugly orange wooden spoon and I know it hurt to get y'all ass beat by that ugly spoon. I'm with Dawn, our ugly orange spoon looks way better than your FUGLY, jermiah johnson looking mascot.
Good to see you last night.
I'D RATHER BLEED ORANGE THAN PURPLE!
Lacy
Okay...really, I'm not all that school spirited at all...there was scarcasim in that comment. :)Honestly I don't really care much about the school...just that I get my diplomas and get out! :) And yeah, we have the oddest looking mascot EVER! Bye :)
The only thing you care about in that town is the diploma you're going to get? Really? The only thing?
I do believe that the exact quote was, "I don't really care much about the school!!! :) How dare you associate the school and the town as one! Ha...don't tell too many townies or else they might get mad! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home