Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I have been replaced.

After some prodding yesterday, I finally found out that Dale and Judy found someone to replace me, and I was excited. They never really said when she would start, just “Soon.” So this morning, after packing my mom’s car up with everything I arrived at work 2 minutes late to find someone sitting in my chair. Okay, so normally I’m not really that possessive, but come on…it has been my chair for the past year, and it will continue being my chair until the 9th. So anyways, she’s really nice. Her name is Carry (I think…) and she’s learning quickly (I hope.). But then again, today was payroll cutoff, so there wasn’t much work for her to play on being that everything was done, so instead I showed her how to link. IT WAS GREAT. She sat at the computer and linked old timesheets while I cleaned up my uncompleted projects before she could complain about my lack of completeness. Dale seems to like her because he only cut in twice during the four hours of my training to ramble on about something…which is completely normal for him. :) But at the same time it kind of hit home that I really am leaving this place. Now granted I have complained and told TRUE stories about these people, but I do love them and they are my family. Of the 3 ½ years here in Nac, 3 of those years were spent in this office. But don’t get me wrong, I am going to completely enjoy my last week of school without work. To force yourself out of bed to go to an office at 8am and tell yourself, I’m doing this for the money…I need to eat real food. Come on…after the 2nd day of that 1st year it got a little old. So I will gladly train my replacement, I will help her understand all the ins and outs of the job so that in 16 days when I am walking out of those front doors, she can do my job even better than I could. I love being replaced.

Easily replaceable…but hard to forget,
Melinda

1 Comments:

At 11/26/2005 8:52 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

IMPOSSIBLE to forget, dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home