Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Big Mac Patty-Wac, would you give this dog a home?

Or at least that it what I was thinking this time last week. Two Fridays ago, my friends Charlie, Jen, and I decided to adopt a (as I was told) a medium sized black mix type dog, that might have a little lab in her. So, the softy that I am, agreed with a few stipulations…we do the dog right, by getting her all the shots that she needs, getting her fixed and started on heartworm and flea preventative. We then get to split the bill and find her a home ASAP. Which Charlie was more than happy to agree to…so July 29th, the same day that I had company coming in with their dog, we went to the vet to pick up the puppy…oh yeah….I mean the one year black lab mix. We spent all day Friday and Saturday working on a name, and finally came up with one that she response to!! Mackenzie…aka: Big Mac, Mackers, Micker-Mac….you get the idea…

So, she stayed at my house, and was too cute, we only have 2 accidents in the house, and when I was home, she spent the majority of the day outside (which I felt bad about, but that’s what she needed). She was a quiet and non-needy puppy that was adjusting and learning quite quickly. But that all seemed to change by about Wednesday…she came out of her shell. She did a good job in staying in the kitchen in the morning, but when I would leave a second time, she decided that she didn’t like that. She began to dig holes in the yard and chew things that didn’t need to be chewed. So in turn I started staying home more…well that was until this past weekend, when she got to go visit “Daddy Charlie” and Raley and Limey at the apartment because I already had other plans before the adoption occurred. So I got this call on Saturday informing me that she had a new home…which is just crazy!! Not a full 48 hours and they have found a place for her…so what does my cynical brain say… “I wonder how many times she peed on the carpet!?!”

So anyways, I am now alone again. It’s a little bittersweet honestly. I know that I am alone but I like it…:) the lack of responsibility that is…so anyways, here a few pictures of my Mac…

Missing you,
Melinda

4 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

oh PLEASE! you were begging people to take this dog! don't even act like you are sad-and-lonely.

:)

 
At 8/10/2005 9:54 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Well...in my defense, I did try to pawn her off on anyone interested. But I do miss her, not her actions and her endless amounts of energy, but the good and loving dog that she is.

:P

 
At 8/10/2005 5:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Don't be so lonely, just come to my house and hang out here! :)

By the way, your new picture... nice boob.

 
At 8/11/2005 2:35 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Thanks...I do believe that my boobs may just be one of my greatest assets...that is besides my wit and brain useage! :) (hopefully I spelled that right)

Oh, and the doggie weighted some 40 lbs when we picked her up...but I do believe that easily gained over ten lbs at my house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home