Cold Turkey
So I moved out.
I’m no longer with the folks but now 2 miles away from the office You know the ultimate thing that I didn’t want to do, I did.
I did this for multiple reasons, but the main one being my sanity.
I have, for the past 2 years, driven 30 miles to work (assuming I’m in the office) one way…this calculates out to over 30,000 miles that I have driven if I went to the office for 50 weeks out of the year at 5 days a week for the past two years. Which is just crazy math if you ask me.
And being that I now have a new car, which I know I haven’t really gone into any detail because honestly I’m still kind-of in shock about it and it’s still REALLY new to me even though I almost have 7k miles on it! So anyways, I moved. And so far I like it.
Granted there are some WEIRD people that live next to me, but honestly, one will always have weird people as their neighbors, unless if you either live on a boat or are secluded somewhere…but that’s a different thought all together.
And if you have me as your neighbor, really, I know I’m weird, that’s a given. Anywho, just wanted to let you all know that I’m in and here and that I’m still excited.
Guess we will have to wait about 3 weeks before the excitement wears off right…first real monthly rent payment is due. This budget living, fyi, sucks.
SO back to the title…Cold Turkey.
I have decided, due to budgetary constraints and also due to the fact that I really won’t be
living here until March I’m not going to get cable.
I mean really, why pay for something that I won’t be able to utilize to it’s fullest potential, right? I mean, I’ll admit it before anyone else can say it, I’m addicted to TV and the whole dvr thing.
I heart it. I found that I could record show/reruns of shows that I was “allowed” to watch as a kid.
It got to the point that I never watched live TV.
It was fantastic.
But now, I’m here sitting on my make-shift couch flipping to 3 channels…CBS, ABC, and my20.
For the first couple days it was only My20….or DVDs because it was snowing really hard on CBS and ABC. So we are going to try this.
Maybe, just maybe, with the help of internet and others, I can postpone the purchasing of TV items until I’m done with the CPA exam…there’s a thought…then I will have no excuse.
By that time I will have already watched my 25 (if that) DVDs enough that I’d have learned every line and ABC and CBS will be showing the same reruns that My20 is showing because of the strike, that I might actually be able to study.
So any ways, I’m off to unpack and maybe try to hang some shelves while I watch/listen to another DVD…I’m preparing to study.
See, being proactive. Maybe I could use that in my review tomorrow....me
Oh happy new year btw!
Labels: apartment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home