Monday, February 07, 2005

Random Thoughts....

You read the title and think...Melinda...have random thoughts...never!?!?! But...Alas...I have plenty...so here we go...(plus a catch up from the past week)...
-Why do profs assign papers to be written and then on the day they are due, after you have turned them in go over their preferred format...it made me want to raise my hand and ask..."Um...Sammie...May I borrow that thing that I just handed in...I think that I may have sneezed on it and I want to get you a new copy..."
-Why is it when you change the sheets on the bed in order to remove the massive amounts of dog hair and before you are able to find the dog to tell her not to jump on the bed or to even look at the bed she is on the bed licking her feet, scratching her ears, and giving you this look of thanks...I thought that it was time to change the sheets too.
-Why do surveys make you feel guilty, vain, and alone? Last Tuesday I was approached as I was swiftly walking to my car(for a reenactment watch my mom walk, it's quite humorous with our short legs..anyways)...walking to the car, a tall, not bad looking...but older maybe mid to later 20's guy approached me and asked..."Would you like to take a survey?" At first response, can we say um no...but then he proceeded on saying that it was for a research paper...and being that I have written a couple in my lifetime I felt bad for the guy and agreed...only to my dismay. The survey was about what men and women look for in their dates and future significant other...okay, first and foremost I'm alone...because I'm focusing on my career/education...if I say it enough maybe one day I'll believe myself!!... So he rambled off a few questions like "list seven physical attributes", "does race matter?", "if you were approached by someone and they asked you on a date would you go with them or go on a group date?" (this question scared me...because my over processing brain went...is this really a survey or is it my sick sick friends getting back at me for something...), and then he asked my major...my IQ...and the kicker..."Have you even been on a spontaneous date?" Okay...I just told the man that I was an Accountant...spontaneous and accountant do not...I repeat DO NOT go together. I replied no...then he proceeded on questioning, "Really...why not....do you just not date a lot...or what?" Implying that I had some issue...my response..."Um..no...I just like to know everything that is going to happen...a PLAN. I like to plan...I live by a plan/time schedule." Is that bad? So..since last Tuesday I have tried to be more spontaneous...but I find that I in order to be spontaneous I have to plan it into my day...so then the plan to be spontaneous is ruined. So we're back to non-spontaneous Melinda...which I'm okay with...good old calculated, planned to a T, sometimes predictable Melinda. :)
-Why do I have such an expensive taste?? I have always wanted to get a Bulldog...or a Neapolitan Mastiff...but my new want is a mini bulldog...they are too cute!!! But they run a little under $2,000...some how for reasons unknown to me...I don't have that kind of money...and I won't for a long long long long time...but I still want one and I will have one...mark my words! Bibu, I will have you!! (my mini english bulldog puppy's name...can't you hear it!!)

And...last but not least...
-Do I need two Masters? A friend of mine's sister is doing this super intensive year long MBA study that covers 3 countries...New York, London, and Paris...it sounds great and I would love to do it...the program starts in the fall in New York and by the summer you are graduating in Paris...neat huh?? The draw back...for just the educational part...it would run me a little over $35,000...(see now the puppy idea seems cheap!!!) It would be an international business degree...but I don't know...it would be a great though...here's the link to the program...
http://www.cwpost.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/mba/portfolio_c.html ...what do you think?

Okay..so I think that I have blown your mind enough...so I will retire for tonight....oops...I forgot one thing...
-Why am I afraid of girlie girls? Today I agreed to babysit my boss two girls...their I think maybe 10 and 12...or 11 and 12...very close in age..so anyways...I said that I would watch them at my house on Saturday for 6 or 7 hours...I don't know if you have seen my house but it's about this big-----> <-------...and they do dance and girl stuff...granted I'm girly now..but at that age I was the biggest tom boy...and I have no idea what to do with them...so any ideas would be great...
Okay...so now I'm going to go...enjoy...sorry that I rambled too much...bye!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home