Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Two hundred dollars...

I was off two hundred big ones...and I got to empty my pockets. :) Well not really, but it was close! Today, along with being the first day of school, was also the first day of cash advances. For those who don't know what a cash advance is, it is for the fools who borrow large sums of money to attend college and after the Financial Aid has paid their bill, they are allowed to get a once a semester some cold hard immediate $500 cash. So anyways...I worked the window today for four hours...and I had some 12 pages of transactions...I gave out over $70,000!!! It's crazy...so back to the story...at 11:45 I was relieved of my window. I relinquished my tray to the back and I went back over to payroll. Some 7 minutes later I got a call that I was $200 off!!! Not good...so I spent the next 8 minutes trying to find my bobo. AND I DID!!! :) I posted a transaction wrong...and it was great finding my mistake!!! So there, yeah!!!

So my day started out great...then 30 minutes later I found myself in Corporate Tax. I know that by just the name of the course you are wanting to sign-up and take this with me...but unfortunately you were not there...unless if you were one of the other seven in the class!! :) So, the leading indicator to show that this is going to be a fun class was on the syllabus in bold type, "THIS IS A GRADUATE COURSE." First of all Turner (my prof)...I know this...second of all, do you really want me to have a panic attack this early in the semester!!! Come on!! Then after 1 hr and 15 minutes I found myself proof-reading a paper. Then at 4 I had Advanced Audit, were I discovered that I was wanted by all!!! :) Did you know that I am a cherished individual!! We were given the assignment to form groups of 4 or 5 people...for the rest of the semester...and I was approached...and asked with eyes...if I would be in their group by a couple of a lot of people...and not to blow it out of whack...but I can... :), but I did feel bad after we had our group of 5...and a few good friends were not included...so the 2 hr and 15 minute class only lasted an hour and a half and we were out. I could get used to that!!

After audit my friends, Kim and Lindsey, and myself went to Chile's for dinner with Charlie and Jennifer and we had a blast...the girls and myself later came back to my house for some much needed catch up talk which leads me to now were I am now rocking/dancing to the Jackson Five..Can You Feel It!! So...that was my day...constantly moving and grooving...tomorrow should be less eventful...I get to work in the morning and my only class for the day starts at 6:45...maybe I should take a nap at 3 to make sure that I can last in a classroom until 9:15!!! Wow...I'm an old lady...okay...I'm off to bed...Can you feel it...can you feel it....can you feel it....oh!!

2 Comments:

At 1/19/2005 6:24 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

you are looney. i wish i were taking an audit class! that sounds like my cup o' tea. think about me while you are in there!

 
At 1/20/2005 8:42 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I'm glad that you found your mistake... it would suck to be charged with taking $200!
Sounds like Turner really wants you to have fun already this semester!
Sounds like fun to me! I'm so glad that it's you and not me.
Have a great lazy day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home