Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Up with the shot...Gun shot that is

God bless East Texas. Today was the last day for me to be able to sleep in this holiday season because of work and school starting, and what happens, some hillbilly decided that 8 a.m. would be a good time to fire off a few rounds. And there they go again!! Really...and it's not like I live in some rural open pasture with nothing around. I live off the highway. I know that this is Texas and it is your right to have a gun and all...but really. So does this make me a bad Republican that I don't like guns? It's not really the gun that I fear or don't like...but the idiot behind the gun, and the confidence that they feel they posses. (So I guess that that was a little opinionated :)...I'm good at that.)

Changing the topic....I did nothing today...and it was okay. I don't know if you are a CNN watcher, but I am. And I thought that I would let you know, but it has happened. We have become too familiar with the pictures of the tsuami, and we as a society, have become bored and have turned to a new tragedy. And that is sad. We are eager to help at the first sight of disaster, but we get bored or used to the images on our screen because of the media's over saturation, and are almost relieved to find out that there is another disaster happening somewhere else. This cycle continues, on and on. Is it our fault for wanting to know everything? Or is it the media's fault for feeding our inquisitive minds with every story and possible angle to be covered. I don't know...do you? Maybe it's a little of both...
Okay...enough insight for now, the long awaited storm is blowing in now, and the cable on my TV is blinking...and my new DSL will be having problems and my puppy is now in my lap...ouch..okay, sorry to be so serious...I shall end on a happy, and upbeat note...
"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it." -Bubba, Forest Gump
(That's a little odd...right?) Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home